Craig (@craigsorrell) and John (@kesseljunkie) are joined by long-time #friend of the show Shawn Eastridge (@yayshawndorman) to restart the Retro-SPECTRE-ive and discuss Timothy Dalton's first turn as #007, "The Living Daylights"! They also discuss what they saw, from #CleoptraJones to #Spaceballs and #PeeWeesBigAdventure to #IsleofDogs in a world full of #HashtagOveruse.
Archive for the 'Retro-SPECTRE-ive' Category
This week John and Craig go deep sea diving to flavor the show just right. While they fry the finest fish of all, they chat about the self-hating haters now polluting the waters of criticism, the stunt plots of Marvel™ comics, returning to Bond and even work out a little nerd rage. It's fun for almost the whole family!
- 00:16 Kryptonian Penance and Devin Faraci
- 04:18 Wrecked by a Colon
- 20:00 Captain Nazi
- 37:30 Never Say Retro-SPECTRE-ive Again
- 43:40 Nerd Rage: Agendas
- 52:00 What We Watched & Good Night
Words With Nerds is available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or through your podcast app of choice. Interact with the show on twitter at @nerdswords. You can reach the show hosts directly at @kesseljunkie (John) and @craigsorrell (Craig).
You're not dreaming, it's an extra (and early) episode for this week: The Retro-SPECTRE-ive is BACK!
We know we're a little late, but here's our long-awaited continuation of a fan-favorite series as we examine and break down each Bond movie in our own inimitable way.
- Were Jaws and Drax of the Line of Targaryen?
- Did they neuter Roger Moore in For Your Eyes Only?
- Casual Murder and Flower Shops!
- Lillies, Not Roses
- What’s the right way to eat a pistachio?
Best of all, "The Education of Shawn Dorman" Continues!
- Cheer for commercialism;
- Start a beer fight in a white room;
- Ponder Ra’s al Stromberg;
- Muse if Jaws’ teeth pick up radio transmissions;
- Pay tribute to Marvin Hamlisch;
- Review the Star Wars Young Adult books...
Love is required whenever they're hired! The Retro-SPECTRE-ive is back with special guest @yayshawndorman as he helps @craigsorrell and @kesseljunkie navigate the insane maze that is "The Man with the Golden Gun." Along the way they
- Address Idris Elba's Street-Ness;
- Pay tribute to Christopher Lee;
- Wax poetic about Southern sheriffs in Asian territories;
- Discuss some things they've seen, and want to watch; and review some great things.
Oh no! Craig's gone again and a coup has installed...semi-permanent fixture Shawndorman!
The Boys are Back! The Retro-SPECTRE-ive is Back! Princess Leia Can Wear What She Wants!
- We're joined by special guest Louis Contessa;
- We look at OHMSS and Diamonds are Forever in the Bond Ouevre;
- Craig recounts yelling at a stranger and being stumped by his kid;
- John yearns for a rainbow wig;
- They review Ant-Man; and
- you want more? THEN TUNE IN TO LISTEN!
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , Comedy, Batman, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, Comic Books, Star Trek, kesseljunkie, Craig Sorrell, Books, Retro-SPECTRE-ive on Jul 9th, 2015 Comments
Welcome to yet another magnificently epic episode of Words With Nerds™!
- Breaking news from the nerd world;
- Franchise fatigue and discussions of hope for Warner Bros.;
- Toss some book reviews your way;
- The Brian Wilson biopic;
- In honor of July 4th, look at the most patriotic superhero of all...
The Third Installment of our James Bond Retro-SPECTRE-ive is here as sometimes-guest Shawndorman steps in for Craig to guide us past the traps of Auric Goldfinger.